Monday, July 14, 2014

Tony's Pizza X Adverts- SFG, Sleven, Ninth Store

I'm sorry but food in Singapore just can't compete with what you get overseas. Even our neighbouring country serves delicious mouth-watering dishes that we locals try to replicate but fail to succeed every time.

All in all, I think that the best dishes comes from our humble homes- mummy's cooking. We fail to see that nothing will ever beat that warm and sincere cooking that filled our tummies up when we were young. You and I are at the age where our parents have only about 30 to 40 more years to live so try and enjoy the simple pleasures of their cooking before it's too late yeah?

I know that that was a little off topic but it just came to my head and I thought I should share it after all. I think about too many things at the same time. Anyway, as you all are most probably already aware, I'll be flying to NYC in about a few hours time. Looking at my itinerary, I'm really excited to meet the global Sunsilk team once again and werk it on set for the shoot. Apart from all the shopping and sightseeing, I am extremely looking forward to the food again! hehehehe. If you don't know, everything is super-sized in NYC. Especially in terms of food. I can never finish a plate of pasta or even a cupcake there because they're just made naturally huge. Or, we asians are just too petite.
Want a taste of how NYC pizza's like? You might wanna visit Tony's Pizza at 397 River Valley Road. I didn't really eat anything "American" during my last visit except for a Pastrami and a Bagel, hence, I can't tell you how authentic the pizzas are at Tony's. But I can tell you that it's freaking good.

Their pizzas are made at a whooping 18'' size in three signature flavours- Cheese, Hawaiian and Meat Lover's. I recommend that you'd only get the pizzas at 18" if you're planning to throw a party there. If not, you can always get them at half the size or even just a slice!
If you know me personally and have grabbed a meal with me before, you'd know that I am a meat lover. I do not eat vegetables, not even a bit. Except for Kang Kong (water spinach) with Sambal, I've been trying that out recently and I think I love it. Anyway, I love meat okay? I am a freaking Tyrannosaurus so of course my favourite pizza flavour was the Meat Lover's ;)
Apart from their signature pizzas, they also serve extremely yummy side dishes. Before I move on to them, I need to remind you that these are American pizzas so the crusts are thicker and a lot fluffier unlike Italian ones that are crispy and thin. I thought you should know so that you'll know what to expect if you ever do visit Tony's.

Side dishes includes Potato Wedges, jumbo-size Orion Rings and signature Buffalo Wings that are available in three levels of spiciness. My favourite side dish was the Buffalo Wings simply because I am a meat lover, I enjoy devouring chicken wings and I love all things spicy. But, please be warned that they're god damn spicy. Start small with just a few pieces from the lowest spice range and slowly make your way up if you can.
This one's the ATOMIC level. I can't even take one drop of it's sauce. Psss... eat this and prepare to make the toilet your best friend the next day.
Thank you Tony's Pizza for having us. You have made history in one of Gushcloud's GCweekend books! hehehe. Enough pictures of food alone, miss our faces? ;)
The atmosphere was filled with "oooo" and "ahhh" the entire night. We haven't seen such huge pizzas in our lives before hence the excitement. It was quite an experience and a pizza party was really a nice way to catch up with one another. 

I'll be honest, I'd tried Tony's way before this GCweekend because it's just directly across the street from Gushcloud's old office. I didn't quite like it then because I ordered one slice with just cheese alone so I guess it wasn't so tasteful? But now I'm wondering if it was because I was eating it alone, hence the slight disappointment. So I suggest that you bring all your friends along to try Tony's instead. The more the merrier, I'm sure it'll taste even more fabulous with great company around. 
My buddy buddies! Asyiha and Shine <3
Oh yes, here's a picture of me munching away on a giant onion ring I was talking about earlier. I didn't manage to grab a picture of them because they were all almost gone in a few seconds. I think they were probably everyone's favourite and I don't see why they wouldn't be. Tony's onion rings are really unique compared to most rings. They use whole onions to make them. And I'm referring to those HUGE onions so just imagine how gigantic the onion rings were. I told you everything's super sized.
Yes, Shine's holding a very big one.
It was pity that there were so few of us that night :( Hopefully, everyone will be able to make it at the next GCweekend. It's probably gonna be the most interesting one since it's the official opening of the new office!
Alright guys, I gotta go run lots of errands before I fly off tomorrow! So many things to do with so little time :( I don't even know where to begin packing.. Is it really summer in NYC now? Because the last time I went, it was freezing and I didn't have anything to wear cause I only brought summer clothes. I'll update you guys! Keep an eye out on my Instagram!;)

Oh yeah, I FINALLY changed my blog layout ;) Thank you so much Soak from Gushcloud for helping me out with it. Freda too! Couldn't have done it without you guys! I feel a lot more secure now knowing that my blog isn't going to get judged by people I'm going to meet in New York. hahaha. I was panicking a little before it was done because I'm honestly not proud of how it looked like before. Whew! I can now safely say that I am NYC ready. Asia, I won't disappoint you!:)

Thanks for reading guys!
xoxo,
Eunice Annabel
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Advertorials

1) So Frocking Good
Arghhh.... I LOVE So Frocking Good (SFG). Whenever I tell my friends about them, they would most likely cringe for a second at the name but find it extremely cool in the next second. That's what I love most about SFG! When I think about an SFG girl, a person that's very spunky, free-spirited and effortlessly cool comes to mind. Their latest "Street Chic" collection boasts of cool, contemporary and casual pieces that would do great paired with almost anything!

Here are my picks!^^
IBIZA abstract floral print jumpsuit
As mentioned before, I've recently found love in wearing pants hence it didn't take me long to make this jumpsuit one of my picks. I really like how it's something a little more dressy yet fuss free. Perfect for standing out at events while feeling totally comfortable. Comfort equals confidence. If you're a fan of pants/jumpsuits, I highly recommend you to get this! 

RYKA floral mesh top in black
Who would have thought that MESH would be such a huge hit right? It works extremely well in keeping us cool in humid Singapore. So why not? hehehe. I know I've used this phrase almost a thousand times but.... the moment I'd set my eyes on this top, I KNEW I HAD TO HAVE IT. My pictures doesn't do it justice, it's actually really pretty in real life. Oh and unlike most mesh, it's extremely comfy too! 

RONDA cutout back skater dress in black
Thank you SFG for sending me an additional piece! This is SFG's self-manufactured dress. One that features an exceptionally cute peep hole at the back. Made of extremely comfortable cotton-knit fabric, it works great for any occasion any day depending on how you style it. It's basically one of those dresses that you can turn to whenever you're lost at what to wear. Available in black, green, blue and coral.
New arrivals are launched every single week! So it's a pretty good idea to stalk SFG on their social media platforms for more updates! ;)

Shop at SFG and enjoy FREE normal mail storewide. FREE registered mail for bill above $80. International mail starts from as low as SGD2.00.

Discount Code: EUNICE<3SFG
For 10% off all orders, including sale items!

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
2) SLEVEN
SLEVEN is a new boutique that's on the mission to provide "something for everyone". They would like their apparels to be easily described with three words- Comfort, Chic & Understated. Having their customers' convenience in mind, SLEVEN has introduced a Whatsapp service for orders and customer care. [Mobile no. 8700 7104]

Their official website is still under construction so current operations are being made via the following platforms: Instagram, Facebook and Shopify.

Here are my picks!
Unicorn Jersey Pullover
SLEVEN may be a really young start up but they are aware of what pleases their consumers! I love wearing classy and sophisticated or even edgy and provocative outfits but once a while, I just want "fun" clothes. How can I not ask for this unicorn pullover?! It's so adorable and not to mention, extremely comfortable. It's the perfect sleepover party outfit!

Mesh Floral Prints Top in White
I've been eyeing on this top for quite some time now and was delighted to find out that SLEVEN offers it too! The mesh floral prints are so pretty and the shirt as a whole is really comfy. It's also a pretty versatile piece if you think about it. Available in black too!

Follow SLEVEN on their social media platforms for more updates.
Instagram: @shop.sleven

GIVEAWAY TIME!
Stand a chance to be one of the three lucky winners to walk away with the Sixers necklace (worth $12.50) with every purchase (no minimum amount spent)

Details of the second giveaway will be up at a later timing so remember to follow them on Instagram and like their Facebook page to keep yourself updated!
Quote "EUNICExSLEVEN5" to enjoy 5% off all orders for the month of July (till 31st July 2014)
Simply quote "Eunice Annabel" to enjoy 5% off as well when you shop via Whatsapp.


.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
3) Ninth Store
Ninth Store is a comprehensive online destination for fashion-forward girls. Ninth aims to provide customers with an unparalleled selection of today’s fashion. From the everyday tee to that unique dress, Ninth targets to please women of all ages looking for that special something.
Special something indeed. One look at Ninth Store's products and you can tell that they're a little something above everything else. Personally, I enjoy wearing their apparels cause it makes me feel a little more empowered. Just check them out and you'll know what I mean ;)
Here are my picks!
Panel Mesh Dress

(http://www.ninthstore.com/collections/new-arrivals/products/panel-mesh-dress-black)
Enough with the pretty Little Black Dresses right? I know that some nights, you'd want something a little edgier and here's my top pick. I am in LOVE with the flattering cut of this piece. Donning it makes you look as though you've just come back in time from the future and I love it! So subtly provocative, also really comfy.
Rustlers Tank
(http://www.ninthstore.com/collections/new-arrivals/products/rustlers-tank)
I have no idea what it is with me but I'm starting to find the beauty in boyish clothing and I think I'm falling in love. This rustlers tank instantly gives you a "don't mess with me" vibe that's hauntingly attractive. It's causal but too good to look underdressed. 
Follow Ninth Store on their social media platforms for more updates!
Twitter : www.twitter.com/NinthStore
Instagram : NinthStore
In conjunction with GSS, we have introduced 20byNS where everything is at S$20.00 (for a limited time only so hurry!)

Free Normal Postage for orders above S$30.00. Free Registered Postage for orders above S$75.00.

1 comment:

  1. Friendly and quick. For a person who hated going to the dentist I am not dreading my next cleaning!
    Best Orthodontist Near Velachery

    ReplyDelete

);