Sunday, November 8, 2015

Sunsilk - How to Take Your Best Selfie #SunsilkCrazySnaps


Sure, everyone is capable of taking a good photo of themselves. With technology, especially our smartphones, being such a huge part of our lives now, almost everyone take selfies, including my parents. There are many ways to achieve your best selfie, and it all comes down to having the basic essential tools.

You start off by ensuring that you have the following items ready - a good camera, great lighting, the right angle and your best face and hair forward. You know the saying “Your hair is your crowning glory”? Well, that’s certainly true. A little change to your hair does a huge difference to your entire appearance. And that is why hair care is extremely important to me. Before I head out everyday, I ensure that my hair is in place with the help of styling tools and my favourite, must have Sunsilk leave on cream. It keeps my hair looking and feeling smooth and manageable so I don’t have to worry about it throughout the day. To top it all off, the cream smells great!


Besides all that, there is something else I'd like to touch on and let you know. Having been in the entertainment industry for the last couple of years has taught me that the camera never lies. What I mean to say is that no matter how perfect my make up may seem some day, or no matter how pretty my outfit is, my selfie wouldn't matter if I truly don't feel good about myself on the inside. You'll be able to tell the true emotion of someone from his or her photo or video.


It is very easy for me to feel down by reading just a couple of mean comments. I deal with such issues almost everyday of my life, as much as being in front of the camera. Whenever you see a bubbly and chirpy Eunice Annabel on screen, it doesn't mean I was feeling happy throughout the shoot. To be honest, I may be a completely different person behind the scenes. After all, I am still human, and I do bare my own insecurities and problems.

Just a while ago, a friend of mine casually said something pretty offensive to me. She thought it was funny but she had no idea how hurtful her comment was, because it was revolving around my biggest insecurity. It took me quite a while to get over it and she could sense some sort of tension between us, so she apologised but I just couldn't bring myself to forget what she said. Minutes later, I thought to myself, why allow such a small comment and my insecurity ruin my friendship, which is far much more precious than almost anything else? 

And that's when I realised that we, as humans, tend to open the door for negativity too readily, which in turn leaves little room for more important things like confidence, love and friendship. I think girls of today worry too much about beauty and how they perceive themselves. Admit it! You have at least once in your lifetime compared yourself to the model on the cover of a magazine right? You know that's how insecurities kick in. So why do we still do it?


It's easy for me to sit here, type this post out and tell you girls to feel good about yourself and be confident. But we all know that action speaks louder than words. Hence recently, I've lived my life to the fullest by stripping away any negativity and by having fun. Yes, some of my choices may not be the healthiest but hey, at least I'm happy and confident now, more than ever :) And I hope that inspires you to go out there and just have fun too. Like I've always said, don't think, and just do!

I guess what I'm trying to say is that it really doesn't matter if you're using the best camera to take your selfie, or if you're wearing a new lipstick shade or if you're donning the most expensive dress you've ever owned. Achieving the best selfie happens when the camera captures the glow from within, and this glow could be anything from a sparkle from one's eye or a bright genuine grin. 

Basically, you'd have attained the best selfie when you're not critical over how you look once the photo is taken. When you can smile at a makeup-less picture of yourself. When you’re comfortable with looking at a picture of yourself in PJs. When it doesn't matter that your new zit or eye bags are showing in the selfie. When you only need to take a selfie once and not 30 over times. 

That's self-acceptance and being proud of who you are, and to me, that's the how you get your best selfie :)


1 comment:

  1. Friendly and quick. For a person who hated going to the dentist I am not dreading my next cleaning!
    Best Orthodontist In Chennai

    ReplyDelete

);