Thursday, January 23, 2014

CLEO Sunsilk Shoot Behind The Scenes

CLEO Sunsilk Photo Shoot
Behind The Scenes ;)

As promised, I'll be blogging about what went on behind the scenes during the Cleo Sunsilk photo shoot! In case you don't already know, a few Gushcloud bloggers and I were selected to be featured in a mini Sunsilk booklet that comes with every purchase of February 2014 CLEO magazine issue. 

 I was pleasantly surprised when I found out that the issue was out and sure I was excited but I was just as nervous too. I was afraid that I wouldn't look as good as I want to but when I saw the pictures for myself, I was pretty please :)

If you wanna check it out, you can grab a copy of the magazine! Or else, here's a peek ;)
To me, Sunsilk is a hair care brand that emphasizes a lot on healthy and youthful hair. Most often, you'd find that the models in their ads are always cheerful and smiling broadly. This helped me in preparing myself for this shoot. I've already done one for Sunsilk in NYC, so I kinda already knew what was expected of me.

Everyone of us were slotted into different timings so I didn't get to see the other bloggers except for Naomi and Rachel for just a while. Initially, I thought it was gonna be like the shoot in NYC where everyone would be present at the same time and we could take pictures together but the concept of this shoot was totally different! Nevertheless, it was really lighthearted and I had a lot of fun "werking it" on set! hehehe

My slot was at 10am if I'm not wrong. And I am always happy to be one of the first few, in fact, the earlier the better because whenever you go for filming or photo shoots, you're required to come without any make up. And I'm not very confident with the thought of walking out of my house without any make up on. But if it is in the wee hours of the morning, that problem would be fixed in an instant because there simply just aren't many people around.

The moment I got on set, I headed straight for make up. hahaha. I was so honored to have my make up done by renown makeup artist , Larry Yeo. He has done tons of professional models' makeup before, he've worked with numerous big cosmetic brands like Laneige, Estee Lauder, Lancome and many MANY more! So I knew I was in REALLY good hands.
Oh yes! Besides the photo shoot, we were also required to do a video shoot which was extremely fun. It required us to act and memorize the script. Which worked my brain a little more and I like doing vlogs anyway, so I felt nice and comfortable in front of the camera. 

I'm not sure when the video will be out but I can't wait to watch it! Keep a look out for it on Sunsilk's Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/sunsilksingapore and please let me know I'd missed out on it ;)
Everyone of us were representing different colors of the Sunsilk range. And I was so happy to be appointed with the pink bottles which is "Smooth & Manageable" range. As you all know, I LOVE PINK. So being able to get dressed in it was a pleasure. hehehe.

Cynthia, the beauty editor of CLEO putting pieces of clothing together for me :)
Here are the five different ranges of Sunsilk products. From left to right: Nourishing Soft & Smooth (yellow), Smooth & Manageable (pink), Damage Reconstruction (orange), Hair Fall Solution (gold) and Perfect Straight (purple).
And it was time to get my hair ready for the shoot! This is always my favorite part of any photo shoots because I love the feeling of someone touching and tugging my hair. I know it sounds weird and kinda painful? But I love it. I feel like it's some sort of massage and my tolerance for pain is really high anyway, so no amount of pulling of my hair would make me uncomfortable at all.
With my darling manager Audrey :) She's so gorgeous, she should be modeling for this shoot too don't you think? hehehe. I have to thank her for taking the initiative with helping me take all these behind the scenes pictures. Without her, there probably wouldn't be this post at all.
Pretty upset that I didn't get my roots dyed before this shoot and now you can see how hideous they are ;(
All prep and ready, it was time for the shoot!! And yes, I was in flip flops the entire time because the shots were all half-body upwards so why not just stay comfortable down there right? hehe. I'll leave the pictures to do the rest of the talking alright? :)
Cameras were moving here and there! It's really important to be doing the right thing the whole time. You don't wanna get caught doing something really unglam right? hehehe
And I have to say, Audrey has really good skills taking these pictures, don't you think?
Once that was done, it was time for me to change into my second outfit for the cover of the booklet. I am really thankful to Sunsilk and CLEO for choosing me to be on the cover. And shooting it was a breeze because all I had to do was laugh and smile and look really happy. The picture turned out great and I'm proud of it!^^ 

And once again, I was in flip flops. hahaha
Managed to grab a picture with Naomi before I left. It was her turn next followed by Rachel and finally Asyiha. I can't wait for the second Sunsilk Pop-Up Salon cause this time, you can get a chance to have your hair styled by one of us. More details coming your way soon ;)
And that's about it! I think I went to school after that or I went home? Anyway, it was a great experience and I'm glad that I was able to make my family proud once again. Thank you Sunsilk, CLEO and of course, not forgetting, Gushcloud ;) 

Okay, I gotta go! I have tons of homework to do and it's time for me to hit the gym later cause I've honestly been slacking off, eating lots of chocolate and junk food. Need to get my body ready for CNY so that I can eat EVEN MORE food then. hehehe. 

Thank you for reading once again!:) Have a great weekend!
xoxo
Eunice Annabel

2 comments:

);