Friday, February 28, 2014

Singapore 2015 Launch Party X Chill Night Out X Adverts- Miss Gritty & Vogue Avenue

Singapore 2015 Launch Party
#seagames2015

I can't believe that it has already been about 2 weeks since the Singapore 2015 Launch Party. Time flies so fast and before we know it, our #TeamSingapore athletes will soon be competing with their best counterparts from across the region at the 28th  SEA Games and the 8th ASEAN Para Games.

Being at the Launch Partywas such an honour; not only because I love Singapore, but I've also always been interested in watching the SEA Games- swimming in particular. 

Usually, the events that I am engaged in are always about beauty and lifestyle. So this one was a little different for me since it is about supporting our talented Singapore athletes. I have to admit that I was pretty nervous to head into the VIP tents with BT & the Tree Potatoes gang. I wished I had a smarter choice of outfit on because we were headed to mingle around with Singapore's politicians. Even Mr President Tony Tan was there! Anyhow, everything went pretty smoothly and after some mingling, we headed out to the fields for more fun!
The atmosphere was beautiful! Almost everyone came dressed in red and I could really feel the spirit! Almost like it was national day or something. Thank God for not allowing that evening to rain. We'd enjoyed the breeze and breathtaking view of MBS from the Meadows, Gardens by the Bay.
My favorite part of the party was the food booths! One can never go hungry with such generous amount of food available for everyone to eat.
With my dearest Fai Fai <3
As Fai and I were walking towards the middle of the field to catch the amazing performances from our local acts like Daphne Khoo, we spotted Asyiha sitting alone supporting her boyfriend who will be competing in the SEA Games 2015! Such a sweetheart <3 Of course, we couldn't leave her alone so we sat down next to her and enjoyed the rest of the night together.
It was such a great way to end the night and I wish that I could have more of these nights to spend with my loved ones. It's a very nice change to how I'd usually spend my nights- locked in my room blogging away on my laptop or running errands in town all the time. 

I had a great time and I want to wish all our TEAM SG athletes all the best in their preparations for the upcoming 28th SEA Games and 8th ASEAN Para Games. I hope they'll do us proud and bring home that gold medal!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
OLD OLD OLD EUNICE
Indochine Forbidden City & Aquanova

A little update from what I've been up to lately ;) Last TGIF, Raine, Fai and I headed out for a couple of drinks. Jas couldn't join us since she was caught up with her FYP project so we opted for a chill night out instead of partying. It was pretty weird cause we really just sat around the bars at Clarke Quay sipping on cocktails and soaking in the atmosphere. Really different from our usual TGIFS huh? Well, I guess I'm really growing up. hehehehe. The great thing was we didn't feel bored at all! It was a great alternative from the chaotic partying we'd faced time and time again. 

It was a pretty windy night which was awesome for us since we were headed for Indochine Forbidden City where we had dinner and a few cocktails. We sat outside and had the pleasure of enjoying the breeze. I've always wanted to visit Forbidden City and thought that the old Chinese warrior statues looked pretty interesting but intimidating at the same time. I suppose that this place has been here for quite some time cause I can still vaguely remember seeing those statues as a child. Not that I've been there as a kid but I remember walking pass it some time back then.
With my dearest Fai <3
We got to Forbidden City first and decided to have dinner no matter how costly the dishes might be. We were too hungry!!! I don't quite remember the names of the dishes that we ordered and even though they were a little over priced, it was pretty worth it. They were delicious!!! Not a place I'll have dinner at but if you're gonna have a long night at Forbidden City with your friends, might as well get a plate of noodles too.
You gotta try this dish though. Once again, I can't remember the name (I am not a food blogger.. erhem) but it's obviously beef and it was SO GOOD!!! Super tender, juicy and bursting with flavor. Not spicy ;)

After a while, pretty Raine came :)
I finally had sex on the beach. The drink. HAHA. I think that once you start to drink stuffs like that, you're just OLD. Like me :) It tasted really good and now I know why adults prefer to chill at a bar with good drinks than squeeze themselves into a club and drown themselves with Cranberry Vodka or something. 
It started to get too windy and really cold. Thank God for Fai's jacket. hehehe. And yes, I get red super fast whenever I drink. And just because my face gets red, it doesn't mean that I drank too much. Even if I drink about 5 sips, I'd get red too! I hate it even though it's just a sign of my blood circulating well. It's just ugly for photos :( 

Anyway, Forbidden City impressed me well enough. The food were awesome, drinks were alright, ambience was great and service was exceptional! Might be back again if I need another SUPER chill night out.
We walked around for a bit and found ourselves at Aquanova with these gorgeous cocktails in our hands. Aquanova's another place that I've always wanted to head to. I LOVE THE FACADE'S DREAMY TURQUOISE COLOR! That definitely made them stand out. Like Forbidden City, the place isn't somewhere kids my age would head to though. Everyone seemed a little older but no cares?! They served really affordable and YUMMY drinks.
Once again, I ordered Blue Lagoon. HAHA. Even the name makes me gag a little. It's just so old-school?? It's something my parents would say whenever they talk about their old "DISCO" days. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. hahaha.

Anyhow, THIS DRINK WAS BEAUTIFUL *Saying it in an Italian accent*. It was sweet definitely, and I'm not really a fan of sweet drinks but this one tasted so darn good. They obviously put in a hell lot coloring to get this gorgeous blue hue though. But it was fun drinking something so "icy" looking.
Time flew so quickly. Before we know it, it was already 3AM and people were getting wasted all around Clarke Quay. Not us though, we had fun walking around laughing at people doing silly things. It was quite a show and a reminder not to behave in such ways whenever we drink or party. 

Tip from me? Never ever walk through that stretch of bars and clubs at Clarke Quay after 2.30AM unless you plan to get hit on with silly pick up lines. Raine and I can't even count how many zombie-looking MEN were walking around hitting on us or any of the other girls around. Half the time, we were afraid that they might end up puking on us halfway through. It really felt like some L4D game zone with tons of boomers around. hahahaha
Finally ended the night with a nice long walk from Clarke Quay all the way to Esplanade. I LOVE nights like these. I do feel old but... everyone grows up right? Well, can't wait for this weekend :) We'll see what happens ;)


Thanks for reading,
xoxo
Eunice Annabel
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Advertorials

1) Miss Gritty
Miss Gritty
"Miss Gritty is an online store that specializes in selling accessories.
We place very high value in ensuring the quality of our product and we do quality check for each and everyone of our items before mailing them out."

If you don't already know, I LOVE accessories! I think necklaces are essential elements that every girl should own in their wardrobes. They instantly make any dull or basic outfit look great and you can change an entire look just by swapping to other necklaces of different styles. I almost never leave my house without a pair of bling studded earrings, a bracelet, rings and occasionally, a necklace. One can never have enough accessories and here's a online shop that you can totally trust with your blings!

All accessories, big or small, are delivered with care by Miss Gritty in these little bubble wrap packagings! I was really impressed by it and thought that it'll be nice to show you guys how my accessories looked like when they came! No more broken pieces:)
Here are my picks!^^
Lilian Necklace
One look is all you need to be convince into getting this piece of jewelry for yourself! I think that the Lilian Necklace is such a beautiful piece that exudes glamour, class and sophistication all at once! I knew I had to have it because it's just so pretty. What I love more about it is the quality and sturdiness of the necklace. I know for sure that this piece will last for a long time which makes it super worth it!

Neveah Bracelet
I love arm candies! Whenever you're in doubt about your outfit, just layer on multiple bangles and bracelets. I got this because it's so unique! I don't think I'll be able to find anything like this anywhere else. It looks great worn with other more basic arm candies and it also look stunning on its own.

Just head over to http://www.missgritty.com/ and I'm sure that you'll be spoilt for choice! And all those gorgeous pieces that you've wanted but never got a chance to get your hands on? They're all restocked and backorders are open!!! Hurry cause it'll close on 2nd March!
Follow and like them on their social media platforms for more updates!
Instagram: @Missgritty

Quote "EUNICE10" for 10% off storewide for purchases over $40. 
SHOP AWAY GIRLS! You won't regret it!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
2) Vogue Avenue
"Energetic, fresh and vibrant online boutique based in Singapore. Vogue Avenue deeply understands the love and affection in you girls towards style and fashion." 

YAYY!!! Time for me to show you guys what I'd brought home from the latest Vogue Avenue's collection! I simply adore how unique vogue avenue's apparels are! This time I've chose two pieces that would definitely be awesome for dinner dates and small parties!

Here are my picks^^
Paradox Romper in Navy
This piece has gotta be one of most favorite picks ever from Vogue Avenue! I love the ethereal goddess feel that the drapes from this romper gives. I wore it a couple of days ago and was madly in love with this outfit! The gorgeous shade of navy blue makes the entire piece even more stunning. Trust me, once you put this on, you'll love it as much as I do! I actually felt like I was floating wearing this romper that looks just like a dress!!! Definitely a unique item that you don't wanna miss.

Elisse Skater Dress in Black
This dress is such a cute item!! I love the little bow detail at the back that effortlessly covers any hint of bra strap. This dress would be perfect for dinner dates with someone special and it'll look cute paired with either wedges or even sneakers if you like ;) It's already sold out but backorders are open!!! So get it ASAP :))) 

Check Vogue Avenue out on their Facebookto get first hand updates on upcoming events!
Also, follow them on Instagram as well at @vogueavenuesg

**And in case you didn't know, Vogue Avenue has a "Rewards" system whereby, with every purchase of $1, you will be entitled to 1 VA point. For every 20 VA Points accumulated, it is equivalent to $1 credit! (as stated in screenshot below)

Head on down to http://www.vogueavenue.com.sg/ and click on the "Rewards" icon on the top right hand corner of the website to find out more^^
Vogue Avenue merchandise also available at:

Blogshopping - Far East Plaza #01-33/34
14 Scotts Road, Singapore 228213

Blogshopping - Bugis Junction #03-12A
200 Victoria Street, Singapore 188021

Blogshopping - JEM #04-07 
50 Jurong Gateway Road, Singapore 608549

So what are you waiting for??
SHOP AWAY!

3 comments:

);